So here it is summer break. I usually start out every June with a sackful of good intentions, things I want to accomplish or challenges I want to undertake. Sadly, September arrives and I find that all my good intentions have fallen short! Mostly I can’t figure out what the heck I did with my time! So here is the plan for this summer. I’m making a “to do” list and I am putting it here so you all can see whether or not I am staying motivated. The items marked (c) are things that make me anxious or take more motivation to accomplish and thus will be a bigger challenge. There are 10 full weeks in my summer break so the “per week” items need 10 stars to accomplish.
Let’s see how far I get! READY, SET, GO!!!!
- Take one day trip per week (beach, park, museum, etc)⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Drive over a bridge. (c)
- Volunteer for a cause (c)⭐️
- Travel somewhere by train.
- Take a train into the city (c)
- Create one art project per week.⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Visit at least 2 museums⭐️
- Paint the living room and the upstairs bedroom.
- Go camping
- Go canoeing or kayaking
- Reconnect with 2 friends with whom I’ve lost touch (c)⭐️
- Go zip-lining (c)
- repair the kitchen floor (it seems to be coming apart)
- Have a picnic somewhere next to the water
- Finish the trim in the kitchen and upstairs hall (I have completion issues)
- Try one new food per week.
- Maintain my newly planted herb garden and use the herbs often (c)
- Try drying some of the herbs for future use (c)
- Reorganize the upstairs closet
- Go to a drive-in movie (we actually still have one in the area)
- Finish organizing our family photos.
- Visit a local winery and enjoy a wine tasting.
- Listen to some live music, preferably outdoors
- Go dancing with my hubby
- Have a “Lord of the Rings”/”Hobbit” film marathon (this is Miss Dee’s request) 😊
Yikes! I can feel the pressure to be productive starting already! Wish me luck!
What are you hoping to accomplish or experience this summer?