This was my first week back to work so that means that summer break is officially over. It is time to tally things up and see how The Summer Bucket List stands. Here are the totals…
- Take one day trip per week (beach, park, museum, etc) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (out of 10)
- Drive over a bridge. (c)
- Volunteer for a cause (c)⭐️
- Travel somewhere by train.
- Take a train into the city (c)
- Create one art project per week.⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️(out of ten)
- Visit at least 2 museums⭐️⭐️
- Paint the living room and the upstairs bathroom⭐️
- Go camping
- Go canoeing or kayaking⭐️
- Reconnect with 2 friends with whom I’ve lost touch (c)⭐️⭐️
- Go zip-lining (c)
- repair the kitchen floor (it seems to be coming apart)⭐️
- Have a picnic somewhere next to the water⭐️⭐️
- Finish the trim in the kitchen and upstairs hall (I have completion issues)
- Try one new food per week.⭐️ (out of 10😕)
- Maintain my newly planted herb garden and use the herbs often (c)
- Try drying some of the herbs for future use (c)
- Reorganize the upstairs closet
- Go to a drive-in movie (we actually still have one in the area)
- Finish organizing our family photos.⭐️
- Visit a local winery and enjoy a wine tasting.⭐️⭐️
- Listen to some live music, preferably outdoors⭐️
- Go dancing with my hubby⭐️
- Have a “Lord of the Rings”/”Hobbit” marathon
Okay, so I out of 25 items I managed better than 50%. I’ll take it! You know why? Because this whole “Summer Bucket List” experiment was very enlightening. I learned a few things about myself and having a goal kept me focused even when there was no comfortable routine to keep me grounded.
Here is what I learned…
- Next year there will be no bucket list items having to do with food (#16,17,18). Except for baked goods, food and cooking are really not my thing. I love to eat out but not so I can try new foods. I just hate to cook!
- I should work on the more expensive items (#4,12,15) at the very beginning of the summer before I start worrying about money. Cost anxiety won out over my desire to cross things off the list.
- Don’t put things on the list that require someone else’s cooperation (#19) I couldn’t get Miss Dee to part with any of the stuff cluttering up that closet so it was impossible to organize it.
- Painting and drawing are much more fun than housework and since it was on the list, I still felt like I was being productive!
As for the some of the other items like “zip lining”, “train travel” and “LOTR marathons” there’s no rule that saying I can’t do those things anyway. Maybe I should make another list? Hmmm..?
How about you? Did you accomplish a lot this summer? Did you feel productive?