We have a new teacher in the classroom next to ours. She is not “new” new, just new to us! She has been teaching at the middle school for many years and now is working with 4th and 5th graders. In order to encourage them to read more and also as conversation starters she has been peppering the hallway walls with bright little signs sharing random interesting facts. Every few days, another pops up and I find myself looking forward to learning something new. I don’t know where she gets these tidbits and I can’t swear to her accuracy but I thought I’d share a few just to see what conversations I can start!
Did you know…
- Bears have 42 teeth
- Only about 10% of the population is left handed
- The average person falls asleep in 8 minutes
- A person cannot taste food until it is mixed with saliva
- The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn it’s head
- An ostrich’s eye is bigger than it’s brain
- For every one person on the planet, there are four insects
Do you have any words of wisdom (AKA Fun Facts) I can pass on to Mrs W? I am sure she would love to hear them. Maybe she will even add them to her collection!