For the past thirteen years I have worked at a job that allows me to have the summers off. This is a treat, of course, but it can also seem daunting to someone like me, who thrives on routine. I found that instead of being productive with my time, I was wandering around half-doing a lot of stuff with no direction or plan. A few years ago, I decided to try a little experiment. I called it my “Summer Bucket List” and you know what? It really worked! I wasn’t able to finish everything on the list but it did keep me motivated and focused and when September rolled around, I was able to see exactly what I did with my time off.
Last summer I dropped the (beach)ball and never got around to making my list. As a result chaos reined from June to August. I reached September feeling exhausted but not quite sure why. This summer I’m getting back on track!
Some of the items on this list are repeats from summers past, either because they were not accomplished that year or, they were so much fun, I wanted to do them again! I update it regularly and mark it with a star once it’s complete. If an item is something that I need to do multiple times, it gets a star for each time I accomplish that task. Anything marked with a (c) is something that makes me a bit nervous or is something I tend to procrastinate about and will therefore be more of a challenge to accomplish.
Yesterday was my last day of work so I am taking this weekend to reset myself to “summer mode. Come Monday (late)morning I’m set to go!
Wish me luck!
SUMMER BUCKET LIST 2019
- Have one lunch date a week with a friend or family member ⭐️⭐️⭐⭐
- Paint the living room and kitchen⭐️
- Organize my growing pile of photographs (c)
- Visit the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia to see their Marvel Exhibit⭐️
- Visit the nearby Grounds for Sculpture (I’ve never been!) ⭐
- Walk on the beach as often as I can.⭐️⭐️
- Visit a winery
- Go to the theater to see at least 4 movies or plays⭐️⭐️
- Have a picnic meal
- Spend some time on a boat in a lake or the ocean
- Go zip-lining (c)
- Go up in a hot air balloon (c)
- Catch up on annual dentist and doctor visits
- Spend time working (playing) in my art room creating at least every other day.⭐️⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Continue a daily routine of either yoga or some other form of exercise⭐️⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Complete work on Inventors scavenger hunt for STEAM camp (post to follow)⭐️
- Take a train ride
- Write at least one blog post per week and finishing my “Adventures in Hollywood” series
- Spend time each day reading other blogs, getting inspired and keeping up with what my blog friends are up to.
- Relax! Enjoy the simple things and be a little lazy.:)⭐
READY, SET, GO!